Monday, January 31, 2005

Bad Influence

All right, one last one for tonight.

My mother and I have come to the conclusion that we are mutually bad influences on each other. See, she's on a diet, in which she tries to eat less in general but particularly tries to limit her carbs. So she's been buying very little food in the attempt to have less around the house to tempt her. I, on the other hand, eat. And furthermore, I like to keep things around so that I can eat when I'm hungry. So I've been eating, and asking what's available, and it makes her think of food, and so she complains that I'm corrupting her.

On the other hand, when she does eat, she eats fairly well. She has certain things she likes, which are often the more expensive items and also often enough come from restaurants. Meanwhile, I moved in here for the very specific reason that I want to save money during this period of time. I did just come from the no-kosher-restaurant land of Ithaca, however. So you can imagine it is not a good situation for my wallet when I am hungry and it is time for a meal and she suggests going someplace yummy because hey, we don't have much food in the house anyway. No, not a good situation at all. :-P

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*gasp*

You?! Be a mutually bad influence on someone?! No! Unheard of.

Amusing though ;-)

Alas, no sympathy for the lucky person in land of monday-night-all-you-can-eat-sushi.

(Grats on the jacket btw. Where did you find a deal like that?)
-j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home