Tuesday, January 18, 2005

When Life Throws You A Curve, Bend

No, I have not fallen into a black hole...unless Ithaca counts, in which case I have just narrowly escaped.

The short version of the ending to this entire episode was that being sick drained all my energy to such an extent that instead of coming home on Friday morning, which was my absolutely last "deadline" so that I could spend my mother's birthday with her, I ended up calling friends to ask if they'd be willing to take in a miserable waif for shabbat, and coming home Sunday morning. And calling another friend to meet me at Port Authority to get me and all my bundles downstairs and into a cab, because I had more than any person has a right to take on a bus. Thank you, friends!!! :-) Sorry, Mom!!! :-(

But after adjusting my plans about five times this week, due not only to my usual inability to pack and make deadlines but also to circumstances completely beyond my control, the lesson learned is: When life throws you a curve, bend.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger shanna said...

And then...repeat yourself?

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Alisha said...

Oops. I've been having internet problems...this is a very mild symptom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home