Monday, July 04, 2005

Fresh-air-less

My situation today has been somewhat annoying. Yes, I'm enjoying having a day off and certainly enjoying my parents' vacation (although they're probably enjoying it more!) But I've been caught today between a number of things that I've been wanting and/or needing to do at home and wanting to be outside, because it's so freakin' beautiful. I might actually forfeit some of the at-home activities and go out, though, if I could think of what to do outside besides lie on the grass in the park with a book. (Not to suggest that isn't an enjoyable pastime, but it's only comfortable for so long, and inertia tends to outweigh my impulse to travel somewhere to do something I can just as easily do right where I am.)

"Nothing to do in Manhattan???" you ask in shocked disbelief? Well, yes. I've had this problem -- and that reaction -- my whole life. Sure, I could wander around Central Park, but I did that yesterday with a friend, and alone, especially among the throngs of people on a gorgeous holiday weekend, it's not so attractive. I could wander the streets, but truth be told I get suffient temptations to spend money just en route from home to work and back each day -- I don't need to exacerbate the situation. I don't tend to enjoy museums, especially not by myself, and besides, that's not outside. So?

Right. So that's why, except for one short errand, I've been sealed in this apartment all day. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home