Sunday, September 04, 2005

Spooky Prescience

On September 12, 2001, I remember walking down the street on the way to find out when and how to donate blood to a local hospital, and I stopped short in front of an advertisement on the side of a phone booth. It was a silhouette of the twin towers, and there was some implication in the ad that I found extremely eery. I've been trying to remember what the gist of it was, or even what it was an ad for, but I'm not succeeding. All that stuck with me was the sense that the people who created it and put it up a week or two earlier must have been feeling rather ill around then.

I'm only recalling this at all because The History Channel is running an ad on the sides of NYC buses for their show on Rome: Engineering an Empire that says, "The World's First Superdome: Rome" with a sketch of the Collosseum.

What's going on???

[I know many people have been asking that question regarding much more pertinent and urgent matters related to Katrina's destruction and our government's lack of sufficient response, but I have nothing original to say. It's dreadful.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home