Tuesday, April 26, 2005

BINGO!

I actually have lots and lots to write, because I've been accumulating thoughts with no time to put them down. But before I get started (and it may still come gradually because I'm doing stuff with my family during the day and the business center is only open until 8pm), I have to share some excitement.

Last night, after yom tov ended, they had bingo. When I saw the schedule, I thought..."Bingo? That's the best they could come up with for a motzei-yom-tov evening activity??" I decided that if my mom was going to drive somewhere I'd go with her, and if not I'd probably play...but just because it was there. Then I heard that they had really good prizes...so I decided it was definitely worth the time just to take my chances. After all, I can't win the lottery because I don't play. At least I could spend some relaxed vacation time, for free, just in case someone upstairs wanted to grace me with some good luck.

The prizes were all electronic items of various values and purposes. Most I wouldn't particularly care to have, with two exceptions: A digital camera and a mini ipod, the two toys I have been drooling over for a couple of years now.

We played. I was perfectly relaxed, unlike a lot of the kids around me moaning that they just had to win. Just to win. And then the game for the camera started, and I tensed up just a little bit. Listened carefully, marked my numbers. Got a little more tense as I noticed I only had one left to form the pattern for that game. "G51"..."BINGO!" Me and one other person. Almost every game so far had had 2-3 initial winners all at once, and they broke the tie by continuing to call numbers until one of the finalists had it on their winning board. They did so for us...three times...and..."BINGO!" The camera is mine!

YAY!!! :-D

I'll post pictures of the winning game piece when I get home and load the software on my computer...because I can. ;-)

(Posted on Pacific time)

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Yay!!! again, you can't win if you don't play. Chag sameach!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home