Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Vacation Update

Several people have asked already, "How is it?" The basic answer is as follows:

The good stuff: The place is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are rustic and peaceful, there are bunny rabbits hopping and fountains trickling and staff are everywhere ready to serve. The food is ridiculously abundant and delicious, the weather has been only a little chilly but otherwise stupendous, there have been a number of interesting shiurim and lectures, and I won a fantastic prize. Oh, and there's a business center right here which is currently open long past its stated hours, so I can write about all this.

The not-as-great stuff: There aren't as many activities as I would have liked, there is a smaller group here than I expected, and even most of the people that are here tend to disappear somewhere whenever I'm wandering around looking for someone to meet. In short, I'm lonely, but as that's a condition endemic to my life at this point in general, there's no good reason it should be different on vacation.

Summary: I'm being spoiled and enjoying most of it. ;-)

(Posted on Pacific time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home