Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter Hysteria

I understand that the Harry Potter books are fun and enjoyable; in fact, I enjoy reading them myself. I understand that they're a big fad with kids, and even with adults, and that fads sometimes get overblown by the commercial powers-that-be. Still, walking home on Friday at about 6pm and looking at the NYPD barricades blocking a third of the width of the sidewalk in front of Barnes & Noble in preparation for the line that was already forming for the midnight party in celebration of the release of Book #6, watching people be received at the sign that read "Ask for a yellow bracelet if you have pre-reserved your copy"... I found myself thinking that really, this has gotten just a bit out of hand.

But happy reading, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home