Monday, January 03, 2005

Nincompoop

Or a dumcuff, whichever you prefer.

Yesterday I stranded myself at the mall...or at least I thought I did. After staying later than (I thought) the last bus left, I called friends to please come pick me up, and as I came out the door to wait for them, saw a bus pulling away. Now, to be fair to myself, it was pulling away from the drop-off stop, not the pick-up stop, and it turned in the opposite direction from the pick-up stop, so it may not have helped me. Still, I suspect I had the schedule wrong.

But in addition to having thought I missed the last bus, I foolishly spent (I thought) all of my cash, and none of the stores I went to subsequently would charge my card $5 extra and give me the cash back. (No, I don't use a debit card.) So I had no bus fare, anyway. Of course, today I discovered a $5 bill pushed deep into my wallet, under where the $10 had been, which I never forgot having put there but which I somehow thought I had spent or forgot to look for.

So my poor friends spent gas and time and effort coming to get me, and I spent way too much additional time going into stores with them "while they were there," all because I'm a nincompoop. Or a dumcuff.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home