Monday, March 07, 2005

Ramblings

Today we got a glimpse of hope: 45-56 degrees, a preview (maybe?) of things to come (when?!) But only for one day; then it’s going back to the 20s.

At least I had a lovely, lovely weekend away to improve my mood (thanks to R, J & B and their other guests, and to R & T)…until I got back to my own reality and began to realize quite how many things I am behind on planning, scheduling, organizing, completing, earning, arranging, reading, writing, investigating, and otherwise doing. Anxiety attack!!!

To give an idea of my headaches (yes, this is a forum for me to whine and complain. It’s my blog!):

I need to finish the assignment that was technically due last week on which I’ve been procrastinating even more than usual, partly because the prof said she didn’t care if we took an extra week…but it’ll now be a crunch to even get it done this week. I also need to write out at least some vague description of my research idea, which isn’t really an idea so much as a reversion to my default “field of study.” Transportation, transportation, transportation. Blech. I also need to catch up with my reading for the same course, which I haven’t been doing because the assignment is more urgent. Ha.

I need to compare prices and facilities for storage in the Ithaca area so as to decide where to put all my stuff (currently in a back nook of my otherwise sublet apartment) next year. Then I need to figure out how and exactly when to get it all there at the end of May just before my graduation and the end of my lease, how much help of what sort I’m going to need and from whom, whether to make two separate trips up there or to go early and stay, how many days off from work each scenario will involve, etc, etc.

I need to do my taxes, and to do so figure out what deductions/exemptions/charges apply to my various tuition payments and loan & grant disbursals.

I need to figure out what yeshiva I want to go to next year. (Anyone with constructive comments about Nishmat or Matan, please weigh in here. More on this to come.) I need to check that whichever institution I choose is accredited by my creditors (say that ten times fast) to allow me to defer my loan payments while I’m enrolled at least half time, and find out how they define that.

Deep breath. I think there’s more, but it’s not coming to mind at the moment. No doubt cause for further panic will take me by surprise when I’m least prepared for it.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger shanna said...

I don't know where you should go next year...but learn extra hard for me, please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home